Monday, January 13, 2014

Databases, Databases, & More Databases!

Today I spent the entire day at Rider in the library. We had freshman and sophomore English classes coming in throughout the day for tutorials on how to use the subscription databases and other internet sites that provide reliable sources. Mrs. M taught a tutorial lesson, and then she allowed me to teach a couple. I did surprisingly well for it to be my first time to present to high school students! I hope to get other opportunities to present during the remainder of my internship.

I also began working on redoing the call numbers for the 500's section. Mrs. M showed me how to edit call numbers in her library management software (Follett) and then she allowed me to work on it. I hope to be able to complete the 500's and get a good start on the 600's before my time at Rider is finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment